Frequently Asked Questions
A Daytrippers tour includes shuttle transport, Giant electric mountain bike, Helmet, torch, bottled NZ spring water, gourmet lunch pack & awesome guides
- Our cycle tours are active, outdoor adventures so we recommend wearing suitable active wear clothing & footwear for bike riding & trail walking.
- A small day pack to carry personal items.
- Camera or phone to capture those Instagram shots.
- Sunscreen, sun hat & sunglasses.
- A smile!
Our tours are active, outdoor adventures so a medium level of fitness is recommended as we are riding bikes & walking scenic trails with steps, tunnels & loose gravel.
Our tours use grade 1-2 cycle trails so Yes, you will need to know how to ride a bike, make sharp turns & stop on light gravel paths. Our Giant Fathom electric mountain bikes will assist you along the trails with ease.
- Our signature Day trips & Cruise ship tours require the use of our Giant electric Mountain bikes, so no you cannot bring your own bike on these tours.
- If you have a group who wish to ride their own bikes, we can arrange a custom tour where DayTrippers supplies Shuttle van, Driver & trailer to transport your group to a location of choice. Contact DayTrippers to discuss options today.
- Our guides will assess the weather prior to any departure, showers and light rain will not affect our tours operating. Rain ponchos will be provided for light wet weather days.
- If the weather is unsuitable & your tour is cancelled prior to a departure, we will refund you in full or reschedule your trip whichever is your preference.